The magical time of year, full of festivity and family time, is rapidly approaching. A great way to enjoy the holiday season and run your way to health is to participate in one of many running events held annually in the San Diego area. Fun holiday runs encourage us to put down our electronic gadgets, celebrate the spirit of giving, and get involved in healthy family activities.
Whether it is a one mile run or a 5K, combining holiday vacations with destination races is growing in popularity. Crossing the finish line together after weeks of training is fun, exciting, and rewarding, especially when you know you’re supporting a worthy cause. So book your downtown San Diego hotel, lace up those running shoes and start training for one of these quirky holiday runs!
Save the turkeys 5k Crawl | Sunday, November 23
- Walkers and runners of all ages celebrate Thanksgiving and help save turkeys.
- Location: Active Campus, 10182 Telesis Court
Zombie Blood Run | F Friday, November 28
- Flesh eating ghouls try to prevent participants from getting to the finish line as they maneuver their way through an interactive 1.5 mile zombie-themed obstacle course.
- Location: Giant Paintball Park, Lakeside
Mustache Dache | Saturday, December 6
- This 5K run raises funds and awareness for men’s health issues, especially prostate and testicular cancer. Thousands of men sport mustaches during “Movember” but the race is open to everyone.
- Location: Mission Bay Park
Red Nose 5K Run/Walk | Friday, December 19
- This 23rd annual charitable run raises money for two non-profit organizations: Fresh Start Surgical Gifts and Semper Fi Fund.
- Location: Del Mar Beach, Powerhouse Park
Hot Buttered Run | Sunday, December 21
- The 1K and 10K charitable holiday themed event with an island feel donates a portion of the proceeds to the Surfrider Foundation San Diego County Chapter.
- Location: Paradise Point Resort, 1404 Vacation Road
As you prepare for your fun holiday run, you’ll also want to prepare for where you’re going to stay in San Diego! If you’re looking for a comfortable, affordable and conveniently located San Diego hotel near the airport, book your room at the San Diego Marina Inn! All of our guest rooms come with an in-room refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and wireless internet. And after your race you’ll be excited to lie down and relax on your pillow top mattress. Call Marina Inn today at (619) 232-7551 to reserve your room and don’t forget to ask about our available discounts.